Amazon has come a long, long, way since 1995 when it sold its first book. It is now known as a massive name for e-commerce, and it has been able to penetrate almost every industry. You probably think that this conglomerate is the ultimate e-commerce dream of many entrepreneurs. Even if this is the case, Amazon has given small business entrepreneurs various avenues to establish and grow their businesses.
Here are some of the ways that Amazon can help startups:
Selling Online Through Amazon
Amazon allows almost anyone to sell products online. Basic Amazon selling is a program where you can open a selling account and use the platform as a marketplace for a global audience to see your goods. If you’re starting an e-commerce business which offers products and services, then this really be a good place to list your items on.
There will be fees that you have to pay, in exchange of your huge audience and using their platform.
Amazon’s Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA)
Amazon’s FBA is a program where Amazon picks, packs, and ships your orders to your buyers. If you’re already a seller on the platform, then you can register for the service. You can check journalreview.org coaching for resources on FBA courses to help you master this skill and be well on your way to grow your business.
Amazon’s FBA can benefit startups by:
- Reducing costs and efforts in terms of renting storage facilities, finding staff, and other business logistics.
- Your buyers can get their items quicker, and they will be eligible for free shipping that can draw an increase in traction.
- You can focus more on developing your products and your business because Amazon can take care of your logistics and customer service.
Amazon Associates Program
Amazon Associates is the platform’s take of affiliate marketing. Being an affiliate marketer is one of the most popular ways to make money online, even without a degree. Joining Amazon Associates can benefit you by giving you increased chances to find goods that fit your niche, provided how huge the marketplace is.
Here’s how it works:
- If you’re an entrepreneur with your own website or blog which you want to monetize, you can sign up for the program and Amazon will review your application.
- Once you are approved to be part of the program, you’re given unique links for products you promote, and when your readers click through them, you can earn advertising fees from Amazon.
- The key here is to make sure that you provide valuable content to your readers and present yourself as an expert in your niche. Your content becomes your marketing tool to increase traffic to the Amazon site.
Amazon Launchpad is a program that makes it easier for startups to launch, market, and distribute their products to Amazon customers globally by providing a streamlined on-boarding experience, marketing packages, customized product pages, and access to the FBA network. Amazon Launchpad is especially beneficial for innovative and young tech companies.
Many startup companies offer partnerships with Amazon when launching their products. This can be a good move especially if your target market is using Amazon and if your products are in demand on the site. For example, startups tie in the launch of particular goods during Amazon Prime Day sale.
Delivering Amazon Packages
Although Amazon has more than 100 warehouses, trucks, and even airplanes to fulfill their logistics, they are still on continuous efforts to make sure that their packages are delivered quicker to shoppers. Start-up companies and individuals have an opportunity to partner with Amazon by delivering packages too:
- There was an announcement this year that Amazon is looking for startup companies across the country who want to deliver their packages with an investment of at least $10,000. A vehicle, uniforms, etc., will be provided as part of the business.
- Amazon Flex pays individuals $18 – $25 an hour to deliver packages using their own vehicles.
Besides tangible goods, Amazon also allows the sale of professional services. As most e-commerce consumers could look into amazon for almost anything, then listing your services can benefit your small business. If you have a small business that provides professional services like plumbing, house cleaning, electrical, and others, you can apply to Amazon to get an approval and meet requirements.
If you feel that you’re startup or small business can’t compete with Amazon, you can try to look into what Amazon might be able to offer your company. As the saying goes, “If you can’t beat them, join them!” Social media platforms, artificial intelligence, almost everything is tied up to Amazon. Using some examples above, we hope that you find the right programs that can kickstart your business.