How to view Saved WiFi Password:- It’s hard remembering your wifi password on the mobile device; the complex it is, the more difficult it is memorizing it. There must be a long list of wifi networks on your smartphone by now, both current and previously connected.
You may have come to situations to retrieve the old wifi password that you earlier logged into. If you are wondering How to Find Saved wifi Password on Android and iOS devices, you have come to the right place.
When you need to find a WiFi Password?
This happens when you need to access a wifi network using other devices that you previously used, such as college, café, or other public places. The last time you used your phone to access the network, but this time you need to logo into the same network using your laptop. The following methods will help you with what else you need without having any trouble.
How to Find Saved WiFi Password on Android Phones (Rooted)
You can get it done on both new and old versions of android devices. For you are running an Android Pie 9.0 or lower version, you get to have your phone rooted imperatively before proceeding. To root your android device, use a root app. Install an open-source third-party app called WiFi Password Viewer from Play Store.
- Step 1: Upon launching this app, you will be asked for Superuser Access.
- Step 2: Tap Grant to go to the list of all the WiFi Networks you have previously logged into.
- Step 3: You can see passwords down below every network on the list.
- Step 4: For quick access, refine your search by typing the name of a particular network in the search box.
To Retrieve Saved Password on Android Phones (Android 10 or Above)
Beneficial point is, you don’t have to use any third-party app for android 10 or above versions. For your further assistance, let me explain the next steps real quick. All you have to do is to open the device settings and head to the WiFi section; the rest is compiled below.
- Step 1: Tap Network & Internet and look for WiFi settings.
- Step 2: Select Saved Networks option on the list of available networks. This list contains all the networks your device previously joined.
- Step 3: Select the one you want to retrieve the password of.
- Step 4: Choose Share on the top of your screen.
- Step 5: Either scan your fingerprint or face to enter your device password.
- Step 6: You can scan the QR code of the network SSID and password or simply copy the same generated in plain text right below the QR code.
Important Tips on How to find Saved Wifi Password on iPhone
For this, you’ll require a jailbroken device to see WiFi Password using Networklist Cydia Tweak. Many different tweaks can help you accomplish this. I have used Networklist to demonstrate how it works.
- Open Cydia and search for Networklist to isntall it.
- Restart Springboard to restart your iOS home screen.
- Move to Settings>>Wifi>>Known Networks.
- You can view a list of all the previously connected WiFi networks with their corresponding passwords displayed in the plain text.
You’ll need a little help from your Mac PC to contemplate the second method of finding a saved WiFi password on iOS device.
- Sync your WiFi password by toggling iCloud Keychain.
- Once you’re good to go, log into your Mac PC and navigate to the utility folder.
- Open Keychain Access app.
- Select System on the left panel.
- Select Passwords in the category.
- You can see a list of all the WiFi networks
- Click the one for which you need to fetch the password.
- Type your admin username and password to see WiFi password.
You May Also Like
- How to Extend Your Wi-Fi Wireless Network Range
- How to Know Who is Connected to Your Wi-Fi Network
- How to Boost Wi-FI Signal on Android for Faster Internet
- Top 100+ Best Funny Wi-Fi Router Name
- 10 Fastest Wi-FI File Transfer App for Android
You don’t have to do a painstaking or rigorous search to retrieve saved Wifi Password on Android phones or iOS devices. Also, you don’t always have to log into your router settings to look for a password. These short and simple steps can let you save much of your time. Let me know what you think about these problem solvers.