Have you ever faced the problem of Windows being automatic updates in Windows 10? And thinking about how to disable automatic Windows 10 updates. Now, keep your worries aside because we are here to guide you about disable Automatic windows updates.
Actually, in case, the security updates of the windows is a controversial feature. The updates patch up the vulnerabilities and also stabilize the system, but they also contain bugs that can adversely affect the working experience. If some update comes then, the worker has to restart the complete installation, which can lead to the disruption of the complete workflow.
How to Disable Automatic Windows 10 Updates
If you face the same problem every moment, you can use your device unpatched by disabling all the automatic updates. In this article, we are here out to glimpse certainly and guide you about how to disable automatic Windows updates in Windows 10 by using different settings.
Disabling Automatic Updates in Windows 10 Using Settings
Most of the time, we don’t want to stop the updates permanently. Mostly we prefer skipping or pausing the updates, and when we want to start the update, we can begin to it. Using the settings option, the system updates can be stopped for 35 days at home or on windows ten pro. For halting the updates temporarily, we need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open settings and Click on update and security.
- Click on windows update.
- Click the advanced options
- In the advanced options button, click on the “pause updates” option, and in the drop-down menu, select the duration till when you want to disable the updates.
After completing all the steps, the windows ten’s automatic updates will be paused till the mentioned duration. After the duration gets over, you can start all the updates again. If you want to cancel the changes made by you, you can do that by selecting the “select date option,” or you can also do that by clicking on the “resume updates” button on the page of the windows update.
Disable Automatic Windows 10 Updates Using RUN Command
If you want to disable windows automatic update for certain time, you can use this step.
- Press Windows + R (Windows Shortcut Keys) at the same time to open the RUN Command. Read Also – Speed Up Your PC Using RUN Command
- Type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter
- When the new windows open, scroll down to ‘Windows Update’ and double click it.
- In new Windows, find Startup Type, select ‘Disable’. Then click on ‘Apply’ and then OK
Disabling updates In Windows 10 by using Group Policy
For disabling the updates by using the group policy, initially go on windows ten pro. The local group policy over there will permit you regarding disabling of the automatic updates in a permanent manner. Or by changing the windows update policies, you can also decide to stop selective updates on the device.
For disabling the updates on windows ten permanently, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the start
- Search for gpedit.msc and further click on the first result for launching the Local group policy editor.
- Then navigate by using the following path.
Computer configuration>Administrative Templates> Windows components> Windows update.
- Then double click on the option of ‘configure automatic updates policy,’ which is present on the screen’s right side.
- Then turn on the disable option for disabling all the automatic updates in a permanent manner.
- Click on the apply button.
- Then after completing the above steps, click on the OK button.
After completing the procedure mentioned above, the automatic updates will be paused, but then too, you can check for the updates in a manual manner. For checking for the updates in a manual manner, follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Go into the settings.
- Click on update and security.
- Click on windows update.
- Then go on the page and click on the “check for updates” button.
- Make sure that you have selected the not configured option.
Disabling the Updates In Windows 10 by using the Limit Updates Option
By using the local group policy editor, you can customize the policy for deciding how you want to switch off the automatic updates. For disabling all the automatic updates by using the limit updates option, follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Open the start button.
- Then glimpse for the msc and select the first result for launching the experience.
- Then go through the path mentioned below.
Computer configuration>Administrative templates>Windows components>Windows update.
- Then double click on the policy of “configure automatic updates,” which is present on the right side of the screen…
- Then for enabling the policy, click on the “enable option.”
- Then in the options section, select the settings as per your choice for disabling the updates from getting downloaded and getting automatically installed on windows 10.
- 2- Notify this option for downloading and auto-install
- 3- Use this option for auto-download and notify it for installation
- 4- Use this option for auto-downloading and then schedule the install as per your convenience.
- 5- Allow the local admin to choose the setting.
7- Auto downloads, and then notifies to install it and later on notify to restart it.
For disabling the options very quickly, option number “2” is the most convenient one. But the other options are also preferable as per your convenience. By selecting option number “2”, the updates are not being installed automatically, and if in the future you want to install those updates, then you can click on the install button and download the updates in a manual manner.
- After the completion of the above steps, click on the apply changes button.
- Click on the OK button.
After completing the above procedure, you can disable the updates from windows 10. However, when you want to install the updates, then you can do that by clicking on the “install button” manually.
1) How to turn on automatic updates for windows 10
Ans- Select the Windows icon, which is present on the left side of the screen. Then go into the settings menu, click on the cog icon. Then go in the settings and then scroll down and click on the updates option and then, later on, click on the security. Then, at last, in the updates and security window, see whether some updates are available.
This was all about how to disable automatic Windows updates in Windows 10. The updates help in stabilizing the system and hence remove the hazardous things from the system. But one drawback of these updates is that you have to restart your system and leave out your work aside.
So we think that this method will help you to disable automatic Windows updates in Windows 10. So if you find this article has cleared all your doubts, then do like and share our article.