Are you still yet unaware of how to create a new IRCTC account? If yes, keep your worries aside because we are here to guide you on creating a new account on IRCTC. The IRCTC registration is very simple. After completing the IRCTC registration, you can start booking the tickets online. If you are a noob in this thing, don’t worry because you have come to the right place, we will solve all your queries in this article.
What is the need to create a New IRCTC account?
Having an account on IRCTC is mandatory for booking online tickets. If you don’t want to stand in the long queues for the railway tickets and wish to remove access in an online manner sitting at home, then it is more useful to create an account on IRCTC. Most of the time, the travelers pay extra money to the agents for booking up the tickets, so now why to pay extra if you can get the facility of online booking by IRCTC?
Steps regarding creating a new account on IRCTC
1) Go to the Website of IRCTC. The IRCTC websites can be opened on the following web browsers
- Mozilla Firefox 46 and above
- Google Chrome 45 and above
- Internet Explorer 10 and above
- Edge 13 and above
- Internet explorer mobile 11
- Safari 10 and above
2) After opening the IRCTC website, open the IRCTC registration form. To open the registration form, you need to follow certain steps.
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Enter the URL of IRCTC over there in the web browser address bar and click on the search button.
- You will see the menu button in the top right corner; click on the sidebar menu option.
- After clicking the menu button, a sidebar will appear on your screen, and then click on the “log in” option to open the login box.
- After being up with this, you will see that the IRCTC login page has been opened on the screen, and you will also see the IRCTC new user registration link on the bottom left of the corner.
- Once you click on the registration link, you will see that a IRCTC registration form has appeared on the screen and then fill out all the details on the way very carefully.
- The registration form consists of the following details-
1) General information.
2) Username and Password.
3) Security Question
4) Preferred language
5) Personal details.
6) Residential address.
8) Terms and Conditions.
9) Register button.
- The registration form can be completed and filled out on a laptop as well as a mobile phone.
3) After opening the IRCTC registration form, read the form carefully, and carefully fill in your information.
4) After filling up the form, select a login ID /username of IRCTC and set up a strong password. The username and password both are important things. Whenever you sign in to your IRCTC account after registration, you need to enter your username, so ensure that you select a username that is easy to remember. The username can be between three to thirty-five characters. Even the password entered by you should be of minimum eight and a maximum of 15 characters.
5) For resetting the password, select a security question. Selecting the security question is important because when you go for changing your password, the same security question will be asked. If you don’t remember the answer to the security question that you entered, you might face difficulties while changing the password, as you cannot change or reset your password.
6) After completing the above process, give the preference of the language for the IRCTC website. The language selected by the user will be set up as the primary language in the profile of the user, and even the content of the IRCTC will be available in the same language. You have to select one out of the two languages as mentioned below
7) After selecting the language, enter basic personal details. The personal details are divided into two parts on this website to reduce the complexity. The first part is a simple part, while the second part is a bit difficult to answer as it requires more concentration. The personal details consist of the following parts
- Name – It has a red star over it, so it says that is a mandatory option. Instead of entering the complete name, the users can also enter only the first name.
- Middle Name– It is not a mandatory option. If you want to fill this option, then only you can fill it out.
- Last Name-It is also not mandatory to be filled.
- Gender- It is a mandatory option to be filled. You don’t need to type anything in this option; the only thing that you have to do is select one out of the three options of Male, Female, and Transgender.
- Date of birth– It is mandatory to be filled. In this option, you don’t need to type your date of birth, but all you have to do is to select your date of birth from the calendar present over there.
- Occupation– It is a mandatory option, so you need to select the correct option from the options mentioned below.
Marital status– This is also a mandatory option. You have to select one out of the options mentioned below.
8) After entering the basic personal details, enter the other personal details. The other personal details consist up of the following things
- Country– It is a mandatory option.
- Email– It is also a mandatory option, and you should fill this option very carefully as you will get the activation link on the mail id that you enter. If you make any mistake over here, you will not get any other chance to correct it, so fill out this option very carefully.
9) Enter your residential address over there.
10) Forgetting the security verification code enter the captcha provided over there.
11) After completing the above process, read all the terms and conditions and accept those for successful IRCTC registration.
12) After accepting all the terms and conditions, submit the IRCTC individual registration form.
By following all the steps mentioned above, you can complete the IRCTC Registration process and set up your account to book your tickets online without facing the trouble of standing in queues. We hope that this article has cleared and answered all your questions and helped you in proceeding out. So if you found the article informative, then do like and share our article.
We write on Android Apps > iPhone Apps > Android > How to > Make Money Online > Tech News > Android Tips > Computer Tips > Internet Tips Do you like Alltipsfinder? We Count on You! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram!