How to Change NetGear WiFi Password :- Are you suffering from your Netgear WIFI password? Are you facing a problem in changing them?
You don’t need to worry, because this article will thoroughly help you out about changing the wifi password of the Netgear router.
What can be the actual reason for changing the Netgear router password?
Well, there can be various reasons for changing the wifi password, maybe because you want the password updated, or it might have compromised. In case if you have forgotten the password of the Netgear. Then you must follow the below steps to get it started.
How to Change NetGear WiFi Password
There are three ways to change the wifi password of Netgear. So, lets start step by step guide to change Netgear router password.
Changing the Password Using Netgear Genie Routers
- For this, the user needs to go to any browser in their pc or laptop, say it, google chrome.
- Type any one of the below-mentioned URL
Note: If, in any situation, you have typed or changed the URL apart from the URL as mentioned earlier, then you will be required to type the URL being created.
- Type the current username and password of the Netgear in the dialogue box provided.
- The next step is to click on the “advanced” option and then choose the “setup” option available on the page’s top left side.
- Go to the wireless setup.
- Delete the current password, which is labeled as “pre-shared key” under the option of security.
- Type a new password and click on the apply button.
Note: If there is a dual router with a 2.4Ghz wireless band and a 5Ghz wireless band, there is a need to change the password in each section under “Security Options.”
- Log out from the Netgear Genie Router.
Changing Password Using Old Netgear Routers
- Go to any browser on your computer.
- Enter the below-mentioned URL in the address dialogue box of the browser.
Note: If, in any situation, you have typed or changed the URL apart from the URL as mentioned above, then you will be required to type the URL being created.
- Enter the current username and password of the Netgear Router in the dialogue box.
- Go to “wireless settings” available on the “setup” panel on the left side of the SmartWizard.
- Delete the current password, which is labeled as “pre-shared key,” and enter the new password.
- Click on the apply button available on the bottom side of the window and then click on logout.
Restoring a Netgear Router to Factory Settings
- Study the Netgear Router to find the “reset” button or “restore factory settings.”
Note: In some cases, the button is not labeled and is recessed inside the router.
- Pull down the factory reset button with your fingers, or you can also use a thin tool, such as a paperclip. This process may take some time.
- Keep on pressing the reset button until the light available next to “Power” or “Test” starts blinking.
- Wait for the router to get appropriately rebooted.
- Login to the router using the default password, which is “password.”
Note: In case the steps as mentioned above does not work, then all you need to do is unplug the router, hold on to the reset button and try to reconnect to your router’s power supply while keep on holding the reset button till you start following the rest of the steps.