This step by step tutorial will guide on, How to Download Embedded Video from any website. By following given tricks and step by step guide, you can easily Download Embedded Video from any website.
Social networking platforms have added video posting feature, and more people have been using it to share their messages directly. Just create a short video and share it with your friends with just a single click. You can share, watch, and collect the videos you want. But sometimes, downloading those embedded videos is somewhat troubling for many. You’ll probably find it challenging to look for the download button. Not everyone has a paid version of IDM after all. This How to Download Embedded Video for Free should be some help I believe.
- What are Embedded Videos?
- Best Methods to Download Embedded Video
- How to Download Embedded Video Using Online Services
- How to Download the Video with Free Video Downloaders
- Download Embedded Videos Using Browser (Chrome/Firefox)
- Download Embedded Video Using Online Services
- Download Embedded Videos Using Browser Extensions
- Download Embedded Video using Screen Recording
What are Embedded Videos?
Embedded videos are self-hosted such as Flash Video or HTML Video residing on video-hosting sites such as Vimeo, Snapchat, Tumblr, Facebook, blogs, etc. Embedding lets you host videos from a different location so viewers can watch them from another platform without going to the actual site. For example, you can watch a video on Tumblr that someone originally posted on YouTube.
Sometimes often, it’s also hard to download YouTube video directly. That’s where embedded video downloader is most required. Even though it’s difficult, it’s not impossible to know how to download embedded video. There are different options available for and here I will help you with Best Ways to Download Embedded Video for Free without any hassles. Read Also:- How to Download Facebook Video on Android
Best Methods to Download Embedded Video
With these options at hand you can download any video from video hosting sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Tumblr easily. Let’s have a quick look at the methods I am going to explain here.
- How to Download Videos Using Online Services
- Steps to Download the Video with Free Video Downloaders
- Download Embedded Videos Using Browser
- How to Download Embedded Videos using Online services
- Download an Embedded Video Using Chrome/Firefox Bowser Extensions
How to Download Embedded Video Using Online Services
Some embedded videos are available in a specific format (MP4) and are easily downloadable. You can save it directly as if you are saving a picture. Here are the steps you need to follow. Read Also:- Best Video Downloading apps for Android
- When the video panel loads on your screen, right-click on the video and select the option “Save video as.”
- Choose a download location on your device to save the embedded video.
- You can also rename it if you want.
- Finally, press ‘Enter’ or click on the ‘Save’ button.
How to Download the Video with Free Video Downloaders
You can find plenty of embedded video downloader software to get this done. You just have to select video quality and get started. Here, I have used 4k Video Downloader.
Use following steps to download embedded videos
- Step 1: Download the application launch it (It’s free for Windows, MAC, and Linux).
- Step 2: Go to the video and copy its URL using the Paste Link button.
- Step 3: Now select the resolution and click the download button.
- Step 4: Once downloaded, your video will; be available in the directory named after 4K Video Downloader in the video or media folder.
Download Embedded Videos Using Browser (Chrome/Firefox)
If you are looking for another method to grab the videos using a less fussy method, there are lots of hidden features your browser have.
- Step 1: Launch your browser and head to the embedded video you want to download.
- Step 2: Right-click on the blank margins of the web page, select “Inspect Element” (Mozilla Firefox) or “Inspect” (Google Chrome).
- Step 3: Now navigate to the Network > Media tab.
- Step 4: Play the video again and locate the download link on the page on the left or right side panel.
- Step 5: Once you locate the link in the codes, right-click on the link and click on ‘Open in a new tab,’ doing so will allow the video to play in a new tab.
- Step 6: Now click on the ‘Download’ option. If you are still unable to see the download button, right-click on the video and select “Save video as” and download the embedded video directly on your device.
Download Embedded Video Using Online Services
There are numerous online services to assist you with how to download embedded videos online. Some of the few names are
All the portals mentioned here works pretty much the same. So, I’ll use fetcfile.net to details you some exemplary methods.
- Step 1: head to fetchfile.net.
- Step 2: Copy the video URL from the web page and paste it into the given URL section and click on the ‘Download video’ button.
- Step 3: Finally, select the video resolution and the video will be saved to your local drive in just a few seconds.
Note: Since this process takes place online, your browser may take more time depending on your network speed.
Download Embedded Videos Using Browser Extensions
There are extensions available in Chrome and Firefox to help you with embedded videos. You can add one to fetch videos from different video hosting platforms like Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion, and Tumblr.
- Step 1: Search for Video DownloadHelper extension in the search box of the browser and add it to your browser. Just like ad-blocker services, it’s also free to use.
- Step 2: After adding the extension, close your browser window.
- Step 3: Restart the web browser and play the embedded video again.
- Step 4: ‘Video DownloadHelper’ icon would display on the top of the web page. Click on the ‘Quick download’ option displayed there.
Note: You can avail more features from the Video DownloadHelper extension besides just downloading embedded videos. You can convert downloaded videos into another format, or even blacklist third-party websites. Also, it’s free to use with Chrome and Firefox.
A word of advice: You need to note that some method work best when used with the original source of video. In case you are unable to fetch the embedded videos from video hosting websites, right click on the video panel and select go to URL (this will redirect you to the mainstream website).
Download Embedded Video using Screen Recording
You can get embedded videos using best screen recording apps OR Screen Recorder Software. In case none of the methods mentioned above seem to work, screen recording comes in handy and the most reliable method that’s guaranteed to work.
A screen recorder lets you record the video and save it to your computer or laptop. Duly note that the quality of the video may seem a little bit compromised since it’s recorded. But if you have short videos to save, it’s one of the best way to grab the shorties.
Conclusion: Behold your doubts and let the power of the internet help you with what you want. These were some easy 5 Best Ways to Download Embedded Videos for Free. Let me know how these methods worked for you. If not, drop me your comments and let me come up with better solutions.