This Tutorial will show you what is Windows defender their work and usage including how to turn on Windows defender & How to turn off Windows defender
Windows defender was originally known as Microsoft AntiSpyware. There are millions of bugs and Virus released on the internet. The windows have taken care of it in the form of inbuilt security program known as Windows Defender. It is a real-time always in active mode on Windows Versions of 8, 8.1 and 10. You can turn them off in earlier versions like XP, Windows 7 and Vista. Today in this post we are going to show you What a Windows Defender, Their work and How to use Windows Defender? Windows defender uses updates once in a day in order to secure you from latest virus and malware.
What is Windows Defender?
The best way to describe Windows defender will be that it is a free, basic, real-time security solution from the windows. It is a free alternative to Antivirus programs that are pre-installed in every version of windows. This does not mean that one cannot use other Antivirus Programs except the Windows Defender. The use may Disable or unable the Defender depending upon the need of his work.
It is similar to Microsoft Security essentials but you cannot install MSE in Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. However as told earlier that if a user wants to install an Antivirus the default Windows Defender will be turned off automatically. This depends on the user work nature; as for a medium range of user who needs less privacy the former will be sufficient but for someone who relies heavily on the Internet and have security as a major concern; he should definitely use complete third-party antivirus software with more advanced features.
How to Turn on Windows Defender?
It is a pre-installed program in Windows and it opens up by default as soon as the system is turned on. You have to disable it in order to turn it off; which we are going to discuss later in the post. Follow the steps below in order to turn on the Windows Defender. But first, how you know your system’s Windows defender is running or not.
How to Check Windows Defender is Running or Not
Before doing anything you will want to do is check whether your system’s Windows defender is on OR off. To know this, you have to see simply at the notifications area along just before end of taskbar.
You are looking for an icon resembling a castle wall. Simply click on upwards arrow and take a look on popup box.
If the icon appear – and there is not a cross (x) beside it, that means Windows defender is running and you should not to on your Windows defender. But, if it does not OR you would like to turn it off than read below minted steps to turn off Windows defender.
How to turn on Windows Defender In Windows XP, Windows 7 and Vista
- You need to click the Start button.
- You need to type the word windows defender in the Search programs and files box.
- When the results pop up then open it up; you may Double click or enter in order to open up the program.
Turn on Windows Defender In Windows 8
To open windows defender you should start typing windows defender on the Start screen and select Windows Defender in the search results.
Turn on Windows Defender in Windows 10
In order to access it, you must type on the Taskbar windows defender in the search box which is placed next to the Start button, and select Windows Defender in the search results.
How do I Enable or Disable Windows Defender?
- To enable Windows Defender, try the steps below.
- You should open up Windows defender as per your Windows version (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10).
- You should then check whether it is off or not and then click on the link that states “Click here to turn it on.” By doing this your defender will be turned on.
- If there is no such link available to turn the defender on then you should head to Control panel > Security and Maintenance > Click on Security.
- The window will now be expanded and now either click on the View installed antivirus apps or View installed antispyware apps option.
- After all this Select Windows Defender from the list that was piled up and Turn On the button.
To Disable it, Follow the Steps Below
- You should open Windows defender with the same procedure mentioned above.
- Now go to the menu and just click on the Tools button from the menu.
- Simply Click on Options under the Setting tab.
- There will be Administrator written on the options screen in the left navigation pane.
- You should uncheck the box in the pane that says “Use Windows Defender.”
You May Also Like
Windows defender is a great inbuilt function if you are a medium user of the Internet. The Defender has turned off automatically if you are using third party Antivirus software. A continuous updating is needed if you want to use defender. A defender is a user-friendly and simple software which should not be compared to highly secured and paid Antivirus Software.
As Windows Defender is free and needs only to be activated or continuously upgraded in order to provide adequate protection for your computer. Do share if you want to ask anything after reading what is Windows Defender? Their work and how to use it We will wait for your feedback in the Comment box below.