Hello, readers and welcome to another how to guide. Getting to the point straight forward, I am going to help you with your windows 10 installation package. How to install it isn’t a rough and tough job, but making a USB bootable for it can be. So, here I am again with some easy and sorted out tips for you. Let us find out “How to make a bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 10. It is awful to imagine a time taking process when I think about inserting that bootable Windows Disk in my computer. When I have a USB drive to do it faster, I wouldn’t recommend you follow the same steps.
”Physical DVD drives have become a thing of the past as the size of our PCs continues to shrink and new form factors have emerged. Having a bootable Windows 10 USB with you is a must, considering the day and age of having DVDs lying around is long gone and with Microsoft pushing forward towards digital downloads just like Apple, we are well in the future of having digital copies of everything. Microsoft distributes Windows 10 online as ISO images that are typically burned to physical DVD media. This has become the problem as a number of laptops and tablet PCs no longer ship with DVD drives.
All you need is a USB flash drive and a slight amount of patience to walk yourself through the process. The best way to install Windows on these devices is to use a USB flash drive that contains the Windows installation files. As an extra benefit, modern USB flash drives are typically much faster than DVDs resulting in a quick install.
There are basically 2 popular methods to do the process. Let us see both the methods below:-
By using third party software like Rufus or Novicorp
There’s always an “easy way” to do things on Windows using some kind of software. Creating a bootable USB drive is also pretty easy – here’s how to do it:
- Download Rufus or Novicorp (available for free)
- Install and Open the Software
- Once the user interface of the software opens up, plug-in your USB
- After that, look for the “Create a bootable USB drive option” and from the drop-down, select an ISO Image
- Then, click on the button next to the dropdown and select the Windows 10 ISO that you want to install
- Lastly, click on “Start” and wait for the software to create the bootable USB drive.
That’s pretty much it. You now have a bootable USB drive, just plug it in your device and make sure your BIOS is all setup and you should now be able to easily install Windows 10 using the bootable USB drive that you just created. Now, let’s look at the Next Method.
Also Read:- How to make a bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 7, 8
The hard way: Without the use of Third Party Software
If you don’t want to use any software, there’s another way of creating a bootable USB drive, but that’s a bit trickier. Here’s how to do it:
- First, make sure your USB drive is plugged in
- Search and open Command Prompt as an administrator
- Next, you’ll have to open the disk management utility using CMD (Command Prompt) – to do that, type in diskpartand hit enter
- After that, you will have to display the connected disks that are available – to do that, type in list disk and hit enter
- Then, you’ll need to select your USB drive – to do that, type select disk # and hit enter – you’ll have to replace the #with your disk number
- Next, you’ll have to clean the USB drive – to do that, type clean and hit enter
- Then you’ll need to create a bootable partition – type in create partition primaryand hit enter
- You will now need to select the partition that you just created.
- After that, type active and hit enter
- Next, you’ll need to format the USB drive – just type in format fs=fat32 and hit enter
- You’ll now need to assign your USB drive a letter, to do that, just type in assign
- Lastly, copy all the Windows 10 files and paste it inside the USB drive. (You can copy the files by extracting an ISO or copy it from a Windows 10 disk).
That’s it! You have just manually created a Windows 10 bootable USB drive and it’s ready to install Windows 10 on your device. Hope that you enjoyed reading “How to make a bootable USB Flash Drive for Windows 10”Creating a bootable USB drive is pretty easy, to be honest.
I’d recommend following the easy way of creating the bootable USB drive if you’re not an expert – however, if you’re an expert, just follow the hard way of creating the bootable USB drive and avoid using any type of software.